Senior Manager, Enterprise IT Risk
The Senior Manager, EIT Risk is accountable for the development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive IT risk management program designed to improve the integrity, availability, and confidentiality of key data within T-Mobile. The focus of this position is to help IT become more proactive in identifying, assessing, and mitigating risk in the information technology environments.
- Oversee a team of IT professionals and work closely with internal clients to understand key business and IT issues,and propose fact-based solutions that support strategic initiatives at T-Mobile.
- Identify major risk factors, and develop and coordinate the implementation of strategies to reduce/remediate process, operational, regulatory and compliance risks.
- Propose solutions for proactively identifying and managing risks, as well as embedding mitigating controls when developing new products, systems, technologies, and service offerings.
- Foster a high-performance, risk-managed, compliant culture within IT by evangelizing the importance of riskmanaged solutions and supporting disincentives for non-compliance.
- Monitor and manage IT controls at the application, database, operating system and process levels.
- Ensure that key risks and incidents are tracked using critical metrics and communicated to the IT Leadership Team and other key executives to support continuous improvement.
- Identify and apply acceptable IT standards established by independent or governmental agencies, State and Local Regulatory agencies, and data retention and data privacy regulations.
- Analyze current and proposed IT systems/programs/initiatives to ensure compliance with applicable business, industry and regulatory standards.
- Participate in the review process for application, database, operating systems, and IT operational process changes/modifications to ensure that controls remain valid over time.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or business-related discipline.
- Certifications in Security, Audit, Risk Management and Project Management highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT risk management that includes the implementation of complex risk, compliance and governance programs, as well as experience conducting IT audits.
- Knowledge of the US and international regulations and laws related to IT-related compliance standards.
- High-level understanding of current technological trends, including SOA, microservice, and API.
- Broad knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertive and able to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Confident in his or her technical knowledge; unwavering when challenged yet knows when it’s appropriate to flex.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
Teleion Consulting US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity, and value a culture of respect.