Senior Manager, Enterprise IT Compliance
As America’s Un-carrier™, T-Mobile US (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. T-Mobile US operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and MetroPCS, and
offers simplicity and “no surprises” to its wireless subscribers.
Within EIT Risk & Compliance, we are committed to building a better and more confident Enterprise IT organization by enabling stakeholders to take and benefit from risks, sustain growth/performance, and obtain greater access to risk insights
and performance metrics.
- We transform controls to standardize and simplify frameworks across the organization.
- We define processes and procedures to enable regulatory compliance.
- We assess, define and align data integrity and application security to the risk and controls framework.
- We enable technologies to effectively execute and sustain risk-managed solutions.
The Senior Manager, EIT Compliance provides leadership and is accountable for the development, implementation, and management of a comprehensive risk-based IT compliance program designed to improve overall compliance performance of Enterprise Information Technology. The focus of this position is to help IT management become more proactive, rather than reactive, in continually enhancing compliance and quality assurance in the information technology environments.
In this role, you will have overall responsibility for the monitoring of the program to ensure that risks associated with TMobile’s IT systems and processes are anticipated, recognized, and appropriately managed and mitigated. You will work cross-functionally with IT teams, and key stakeholders, utilizing analytical skills in dissecting complex problems and delivering clear recommendations to improve results. You will interact with senior leaders and other SOX teams across the company to communicate complicated analysis, logic, and solutions.
- Oversee a team of IT professionals and work closely with internal clients to understand key business and IT issues, and propose fact-based solutions that not only transform key SOX activities and processes, but also support strategic initiatives at T-Mobile.
- Identify major risk factors, and develop and coordinate the implementation of strategies to reduce/remediate process, operational, regulatory and compliance risks.
- Propose solutions for proactively identifying and managing risks, as well as embedding mitigating controls when developing new products, systems, technologies, and service offerings.
- Monitor and manage IT controls at the application, database, operating system and process levels. Work with business partners to ensure accurate process documentation, maintain and update the IT Controls master list.
- Coordinate with control owners to ensure that active management / monitoring of the controls occurs throughout the year, and a close partnership with SOX auditors and stakeholders.
- Foster a high-performance, risk-managed, compliant culture within IT by evangelizing the importance of riskmanaged solutions and supporting disincentives for non-compliance.
- Monitor and manage SOX controls across the organization.
- Ensure that key risks and incidents are tracked using critical metrics and communicated to the IT Leadership Team and other key executives to support continuous improvement.
- Identify and apply acceptable IT standards established by independent or governmental agencies, State and Local Regulatory agencies, and data retention and data privacy regulations.
- Analyze current and proposed IT systems/programs/initiatives to ensure compliance with applicable business, industry and regulatory standards.
- Coordinate with control owners to ensure that active management / monitoring of the controls occurs throughout the year.
- Maintain a close partnership with SOX auditors and stakeholders.
- Work with internal SOX teams to update / maintain / validate the accuracy of the IT Controls list.
- Participate in the review process for application, database, operating systems, and IT operational process changes/modifications to ensure that controls remain valid over time.
- Review, revise, and propose new compliance policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable lawsand regulations.
- Ensure that the appropriate IT controls are considered throughout new system implementation projects and reviewing documentation for new IT processes that impact compliance, as required.
- Maintain awareness of industry standards, trends and best practices in order to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or business-related discipline.
- Certifications in Security, Audit, Risk Management and Project Management highly desirable.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in IT SOX compliance that includes the implementation of complex risk and governance programs, as well as experience conducting IT audits.
- Knowledge of the US and international regulations and laws related to IT-related compliance standards.
- Extensive experience with national and international compliance requirements/standards such as SOX Section 404,FSA and Safe Harbor.
- Broad knowledge of current Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) technological tools and methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies.
- Strategic acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Proven skill in accelerating change; forward looking.
- Assertiveness and ability to influence across all levels, including influencing others without direct position power.
- Confidence in your technical knowledge; unwavering when challenged yet knowing when it’s appropriate to flex.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated sound business judgment.
- Organizational agility and the ability to read the subtle nuances of a situation and react/plan accordingly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize projects and manage available resources.
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.
Teleion Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity, and value a culture of respect.