The online travel market never stands still. The opportunity is huge and the competition is fierce. At Hotels.com, we're in the thick of it. We live and breathe travel. Our team is deeply passionate about using the best data, technology and processes to give our customers the best possible experience when finding hotels for their business or leisure travel needs. We want them to feel the same passion for travel that we do.
“Acquisition Marketing” is the team responsible for driving customer traffic to our website, by providing Hotels.com a global presence in the various performance marketing channels. We’re looking for a motivated & experienced Product Manager to take product ownership of our various bidding tools, data sets and their associated long-term strategy.
In this product management position, you will be given ownership of data tool & warehousing type products within a large varied product portfolio. You’ll have the autonomy to think strategically and deliver on a wide range of roadmaps aligning to all of our acquisition marketing business functions, across multiple senior stakeholder groups. Your stakeholders will be leaders across our search, meta, online advertising (OLA) and social functions, and you’ll collaborate closely with them to manage our strategic vision & long term roadmaps, whilst managing their expectations and evangelizing your deliveries.
You’ll have a team of Technical Product Managers, and work with them to learn about the challenges faced in the fast paced acquisition marketing landscape, devising and delivering solutions that accelerate Hotels.com to be a number one across key acquisition channels.
You will be responsible for the product management of data and tools across search, meta, OLA & social, owning a variety of business critical elements such as:
- Establishing product vision, business goals, communication strategy, product roadmap and global rollout plans for the Hotels.com Acqusition Marketing function
- Capturing strategic requirements from stakeholders, providing a pipeline of strategic work for your technical product managers
- Managing trade-offs between cost, schedule, and business benefit, and ensure successful delivery of data and tools which meet your senior stakeholders long term needs
- Steering your stakeholders and gaining confidence in your ability to deliver product roadmaps on time, to a high quality
- Partnering closely with senior technology leadership, to ensure our technology platforms are robust and aligned to meet your long-term product visions
- Being a visible advocate for your products – evangelizing deliveries and gaining stakeholder confidence in both product and tech abilities
- Presenting strategy, progress, challenges, new product feature overviews etc. to stakeholders at a senior level
- Devising and delivering on critical workstreams such as data quality alerting & reporting – providing a product & communication strategy which sits alongside this
- Collaborate with Hotels.com sister brands in Expedia Inc to find common points of leverage, contribute to potential existing solutions within EI, influence feature definition and prioritisation on external team roadmaps
- 5+ years in a direct product management role with 2+ years in the data space
- Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Proven ability to build and manage world class data products and manage conflicting product priorities across a large volume of stakeholders & products
- Good understanding of new data technologies, and a passion to keep abreast with new tech
- Highly organized and adept at prioritization - you can recognize and keep track of all the moving pieces in projects, adjusting to new information and goals.
- Proven self-starter who can identify new opportunities, develop strategies to drive growth, and push projects forward, as well as a desire to drive innovation across our business
- Confidence in their ability to present to and influence senior stakeholder groups
- Comfortable with a fast paced start up type culture where stakeholders have the highest of expectations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment
- Familiarity with web-based product development a plus
- Bachelor degree required; MBA is a plus
- Detail driven - a drive to get into the detail to explore and understand detailed data sets
- Self-starter - able to manage your own workload on a daily basis, and own and manage projects from start to completion
- Amazing communicator - able to work with a large variety of different stakeholder groups to win buy in and drive satisfaction, and deliver exception presentations
- Team player - able to work with others to get the job done, across numerous business functions and teams
- Organization - Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively. Ability to manage complexity and several projects simultaneously
- Enthusiastic – You’ll need a real passion for the management and delivery of BI products
- Creative and Innovative - A problem solver at heart, able to grasp complex problems and devise creative solutions
Teleion Consulting is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation