Project Launch Analyst
We are currently looking for senior financial analyst level candidates. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 5+ years of professional experience with financial processes, project management, accounting requirements documentation, process design, and user acceptance testing responsibilities. This position is expected to have a strong sense of ownership, ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between Accounting and various business and IT groups.
The project launch analyst will work closely with the global financial systems team, accounting operations teams, tax, treasury, and others to understand the financial impact of new initiatives and provide integrated accounting requirements to the business teams. In addition, the project launch analyst is a member of a project team which partners with our operational accounting and business finance groups in developing strategic solutions to support our high growth rate through launch methodology design and training, creation of accounting tools used to support new launches and design inputs to longer-term platform development.
This position will work in a fast-paced environment, manage through ambiguity and complexity and support multiple, simultaneous project launches impacting the global accounting organization. This position is also expected to have sufficient finance experience to help the project launch team identify and incorporate the necessary financial reporting and internal control elements into the systems or tools that are developed to support new business activities. Employees in this role are expected to have excellent communication and organization skills and be able to anticipate, identify and communicate risks to accounting, finance, business and IT leadership.
- Work independently to develop and provide financial accounting requirements to support and assist Amazon's business teams with the design of new products or offerings and set-up of financial systems to ensure appropriate business support and controllership.
- Provide project task and issue management, working cross functionally to transition new processes and/or permanent solutions to support month-end general ledger close activities, monthly account reconciliations and reviews, and preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs.
- Coordinate with the accounting teams in Europe, Japan, China and other locations to ensure strong communication and new business launches and best practices are identified, implemented and followed.
- BA/BS required
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up, preferred
- Proven ability to influence and make an impact, preferred
- Excellent analytical skills, preferred
- Desire to exceed expectations and drive positive change in the organization, preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts, project management, and process design, preferred
Teleion Consulting is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation