Senior Dev Ops Engineer
This position is responsible for the design, engineering, implementation and support of complete service components. Designs, develops and maintains high-quality code and system solutions for complex service components. Manages assigned projects independently and may serve as technical expert for issues associated with specific projects. May assist Principal, Sr. Principal and Architects to detail certain aspects of product design.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions for assigned projects by identifying, resolving and mitigating risk and communicating to stakeholders
- Provides technical solutions to detail certain aspects of service design and ensures that resulting design specification fits into technical architectural framework.
- Performs analysis to define design requirements for modification to existing tools, utilities, system structures, environments and provide technical input into project scope and estimating activities
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Provides technical guidance to lower level engineers
- Create and maintain scripts and solutions to automate the configuration, usability and troubleshooting of the supported applications and services
- Assist Principal Engineers and Management with project scope
- Consistently meet commitments
- Participates in hiring and onboarding process
- Conducts presentations internally and externally
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with relevant platform technologies
- 5+ years of experience with various scripting languages for lab automation (bash, python, perl, etc)
- 5+ years systems engineering and Linux /Unix administration
- 5+ years of experience Database administration experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL
- 5+ years of experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Extensive development experience in object oriented programming.
- Strong analytic / trouble-shooting skills.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced high-performance environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated leadership role within project team.
- Extensive knowledge of product life cycle.
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in multiple skill areas.
- 8+ years’ experience in DevOps environment creating and supporting large scale, highly available services
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Teleion Consulting is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation